Current events/LogEducOOoInternationalCreation4November2010

From Wiki.ooo4kids.org
Revision as of 22:05, 11 November 2010 by Eric Bachard (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


EducOOo International Creation (November 2010)

Back to Current events

Attendees

Please add your name and IRC nickname

(alphabetic order)

  • Eric Bachard aka ericb2 on irc
  • Thorsten Behrens aka thorsten
  • Ben Bois aka _wooz
  • Olav Dahlum aka olorin_
  • Sylvain DENIS aka sylvaintechnic on irc
  • Drew Jensen aka yipper on irc
  • Jean-Marie LAFON aka gnome06 on irc (Not confirmed at 100%)
  • Lillo Sciascia aka lillox or xtow on irc


Agenda

  • Item 1: a point New localized projects
  • Item 2: Define a Council : ask for candidates
  • Item 3: Define roles and responsabilities
  • Item 4: Coordinate everything (open item)
  • Item 1 : New localized projets


Minutes 4 november meeting

Introduction

As reminder : items and key points from the previous meeting

Item 1 : a point on new localized projects

  • Need to be hosted by EducOOo server: educoo.it, educoo.no and educoo.de
  • For the next meeting, as action item, setup the domains prevoousliy mentioned (supposing Ben will be available)

Item 2 : Define a Council : ask for candidates

  • Current Council (will be confirmed) is : yipper, sylvaintechnic gnome06 olorin_ marina, and ericb2

Item 3 : Define roles and responsabilities

Identified roles are :

  • Marina and olorin_ : to manage localization
  • Ben to manage the server
  • Sylvaintechnic and ericb2 to manage students (France and Belgium)
  • Coolgeek and me to manage code and around
  • gnome06 and sylvaintechnic : Videos, Press Contact from France and Belgium

Item 4 : Coordinate everything (open item)

Done :

Suggested:

  • provide a space for students : around 500 MB / student, like some ~/aStudent , for every.
  • A second idea was to use a part of the space to :
    • store resources
    • another wiki (OOoLight)
    • a dedicated download site for OOoLight
    • store resource and another wiki for OOoLight
    • a common blog for students, included in the personnal space

Log of the meeting

[21:03] <ericb2> let's start the meeting ?

[21:03] <sylvaintechnic> go ;)

[21:03] <gnome06> ok for me

[21:03] <olorin_> Ok.

[21:03] <ericb2> Not much of people tonight, so I propose to make it short

[21:04] <olorin_> Fine by me, I'm a bit tired anyway.

[21:05] <sylvaintechnic> ok

[21:05] <gnome06> ok

[21:05] <ericb2> As reminder from last meeting:

[21:05] <ericb2> EducOOo is a french npa, and its activities concern Education and OpenOffice.org, and aims to create a bridge between Educational World and OOo (and derivatives), and find devs. Every Educational system is different, the idea consists in delegate, trust and let people decide for every locale.

[21:05] <ericb2> The bigger EducOOo activities are centered on several products:

[21:05] <ericb2> Campus Libre (online Dokeos)

[21:05] <ericb2> Forge Libre (at Edulibre)

[21:05] <ericb2> OOo4Kids and OOoLight (both softwares, derivated from OpenOffice.org)

[21:05] <ericb2> The one generating the most important activity, and eating the most important resources, are OOo4Kids and OOoLight

[21:08] <ericb2> No question ? Opinions ?

[21:08] <sylvaintechnic> nothing for me

[21:09] <olorin_> It would have been better if you did summarize what we concluded the last time.

[21:09] <olorin_> The people currently present are well aware of these facts.

[21:09] <ericb2> olorin_: I will restart with an agenda

[21:09] <ericb2> As Agenda, let's continue some item :

[21:09] <ericb2> Item 1: a point New localized projects

[21:09] <ericb2> Item 2: Define a Council : ask for candidates

[21:09] <ericb2> Item 3: Define roles and responsabilities

[21:09] <ericb2> Item 4: Coordinate everything (open item)

[21:10] <ericb2> Item 1 : New localized projets

[21:11] <ericb2> we agreed that some of them will use their own reousrces, while other will be hosted by EducOOo

[21:11] <ericb2> Ben is currently doing the configuration, but unfortunaly, he was not able to attenc

[21:11] <ericb2> attend

[21:12] <ericb2> if I'm not wrong, we should host educoo.de and educoo.it

[21:12] <ericb2> the last one is up http://www.educoo.it/

[21:12] <ericb2> and I don't know about the german one

[21:13] <ericb2> Maybe someone has some info ?

[21:13] <olorin_> Well, I don't have access to hosting space, so Norwegian would probably fit into that category as well.

[21:14] <gnome06> no news on my side about ".de". They have started to translate the video presentation, but not finished since more 1 month.

[21:14] <olorin_> ericb2: Thorsten should have it, or?

[21:14] <ericb2> olorin_: ok. That's no problem : we'll add educoo.no in the list

[21:15] <ericb2> If I summarize : educoo.it, educoo.no and no news from educoo.de

[21:15] <ericb2> JZA: and you ?

[21:15] <olorin_> gnome06: And the rest?

[21:15] <ericb2> olorin_: no news from Drew

[21:15] <sylvaintechnic> For Belgium, no problem ;)

[21:16] <ericb2> sylvaintechnic: thanks for your fidelity :)

[21:16] <ericb2> sylvaintechnic: and your reliability

[21:16] <olorin_> ericb2: Hmm, not present here either...

[21:16] <sylvaintechnic> you're welcome ;)

[21:16] <olorin_> Hehe

[21:17] <ericb2> Can we agree we'll try to setup the educoo.no and eduoo.it for the next meeting ?

[21:17] <ericb2> as action item ?

[21:17] <olorin_> I have a better idea.

[21:17] <sylvaintechnic> What do they need?

[21:17] <ericb2> sylvaintechnic: we need Ben less busy

[21:17] <olorin_> Let's set up all the languages. Pootle right?

[21:18] <ericb2> olorin_: this is the last item

[21:18] <sylvaintechnic> yes, no prob. I can help

[21:18] <ericb2> Next item ?

[21:19] <olorin_> Ok.

[21:19] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: Me too.

[21:19] <gnome06> next item ok

[21:19] <ericb2> Item 2: Define a Council : ask for candidates

[21:19] <ericb2> Volunteers (from last meeting) :

[21:19] <ericb2> yipper sylvaintechnic gnome06 olorin_ deneb_alpha , ericb


[21:19] <ericb2> Thorsten had to ask other German people.

[21:20] <Coolgeek> I can help wooz if needed :)

[21:20] <Coolgeek> setup the server I mean

[21:20] <sylvaintechnic> Me too

[21:20] <ericb2> Coolgeek: thank you :)

[21:20] <ericb2> both

[21:20] <thorsten> ericb2: I'm sorry, I have not been able to do much ...

[21:20] <sylvaintechnic> I know several types of CMS

[21:20] <ericb2> thorsten: no problem. We all were over busy with the release, and Ben has a real life

[21:21] <sylvaintechnic> I kwow too the server etc...

[21:21] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: If we're strictly speaking translation tools, that would be something different.

[21:21] <ericb2> thorsten: do you confirm german people will join and manage the resource we'll provide ?

[21:22] <thorsten> ericb2: if it's on a shared host, I don't see a prob, yeah

[21:22] <ericb2> thorsten: ok

[21:22] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: quite agree

[21:22] <ericb2> thorsten: noticed

[21:22] <ericb2> Are there new candidate(s) for the council ?

[21:22] <ericb2> JZA: ?

[21:22] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: However, if you can handle Drupal, Ben might want you.

[21:23] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: Yes, although I do not like Drupal;)

[21:24] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: it's too gasworks :-p

[21:24] <olorin_> ericb2: From me, none.

[21:24] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: Which ones do you prefer then?

[21:25] <ericb2> So we keep the previous list : yipper, sylvaintechnic gnome06 olorin_ marina, and me ericb2

[21:25] <gnome06> still ok for me

[21:25] <olorin_> ericb2: Also, any voting might be a bit problematic without all the people involved present.

[21:25] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: WP, Joomla, guppy, wikimedia ...

[21:25] <ericb2> Associated action item : officialize on the wiki, or somewhere

[21:25] <sylvaintechnic> ok for me

[21:25] <ericb2> Next Item is Item 3: Define roles and responsabilities

[21:25] <ericb2> Currently :

[21:25] <ericb2> Marina : to manage localization

[21:25] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: Ok, thanks for the answer.

[21:25] <ericb2> Ben to manage the server

[21:26] <ericb2> Me to manage students, and code

[21:26] <ericb2> (help is welcome)

[21:26] <ericb2> Some marketing ?

[21:26] <olorin_> I volunteered for the localization bit the last time.

[21:26] <gnome06> i do a little as "press contact" and videos

[21:26] <sylvaintechnic> +1 for me ;) with press and student

[21:26] <ericb2> olorin_: sorry

[21:27] <ericb2> Marina and olorin_ : to manage localization

[21:27] <olorin_> gnome06: I find your work excellent.

[21:27] <gnome06> olorin_ : tks

[21:27] <Coolgeek> I help for the code when I can :p

[21:27] <ericb2> gnome06 and sylvaintechnic : Press Contact from France at least,

[21:27] <ericb2> Coolgeek and me for the code

[21:27] <sylvaintechnic> ericb2: and Belgium

[21:27] <ericb2> sylvaintechnic: and Belgium

[21:28] <ericb2> no doubt we'll need other people form other countries

[21:28] <olorin_> ericb2: Yes, press... Material still in French only must be localized to at least English.

[21:28] <ericb2> but better start little and organize

[21:29] <olorin_> The present ones should be able to handle all of Europe for now.

[21:29] <sylvaintechnic> ericb2: I want to take good care of students administrative standpoint in Belgium

[21:30] <ericb2> sylvaintechnic: ok

[21:30] * ericb2 would like to write a summary

[21:31] <olorin_> gnome06, sylvaintechnic: Do you think handling the press is feasible until we get more foothold?

[21:32] <olorin_> ericb2: Of this meeting?

[21:32] <ericb2> olorin_: not yet

[21:33] <ericb2> As summary :

[21:33] <ericb2> Marina and olorin_ : to manage localization

[21:33] <ericb2> Ben to manage the server

[21:33] <ericb2> Sylvaintechnic and me to manage students (France and Belgium)

[21:33] <ericb2> Coolgeekk and me to manage code and around

[21:33] <ericb2> gnome06 and sylvaintechnic : Videos, Press Contact from France and Belgium

[21:33] <ericb2> did I forgot something ?

[21:33] <olorin_> Oh, yeah, that one.

[21:33] <olorin_> Nope.

[21:33] <gnome06> nope

[21:33] <olorin_> You could of course add a request for help on the server.

[21:33] <sylvaintechnic> nope

[21:33] <ericb2> Last Item was Coordinate everything

[21:33] <ericb2> olorin_: sure

[21:34] <ericb2> We created : i18n@listes.educoo.org

[21:34] <ericb2> There is http://pootle.educoo.org/

[21:34] <ericb2> (needs some work though)

[21:34] <ericb2> + I suggested to provide a space for students : around 500 MB / student, like some ~/aStudent , for every.

[21:34] <ericb2> A second idea was to use a part of the space to :

[21:34] <ericb2> * store resources

[21:34] <ericb2> * another wiki (OOoLight)

[21:35] <olorin_> Also, a dedicated download site for OOoLight might be an idea.

[21:35] <sylvaintechnic> yes, +1 for store resource and another wiki for OOoLight

[21:35] * ericb2 noticed

[21:36] <ericb2> just a detail : we'll separate the code some day, when enough time

[21:36] <ericb2> anyway, that's mandatory

[21:36] <olorin_> Yes, people should get their own account and storage space. Maybe also blog space.

[21:37] <gnome06> a blog account should be enough, no ?

[21:37] <ericb2> olorin_: the other idea was : use a common blog

[21:37] <ericb2> olorin_: no need to divide too much the info

[21:37] <olorin_> ericb2: Actually, me and sylvaintechnic could handle that bit. We just have to argue over a CMS first.

[21:38] <gnome06> i have also open a tweeter and facebook account. If some local people want to post on it, i can give access.

[21:38] <ericb2> olorin_: so we need a technical meeting with ben and everybody involved

[21:39] <olorin_> ericb2: Yep. Ben's already using Drupal, which have blog components. So we could take it from there.

[21:39] <sylvaintechnic> I thought of a "Resume (CV)" page per student

[21:40] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: Hmm, seems like ericb2 proposed public_html above, so maybe they could make use of this to do so?

[21:41] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: yes

[21:42] <ericb2> Last Item : next meeting date ?

[21:43] <sylvaintechnic> 18 or 25 nov or later ?

[21:43] * ericb2 votes for the 18 nov

[21:44] <ericb2> beause the 25, I won't be able to make it

[21:44] <ericb2> because

[21:44] * gnome06 vote for 25.

[21:44] * sylvaintechnic it's the same

[21:44] * gnome06 18, not sure to be able to participate

[21:44] <ericb2> gnome06: the 25 I'm at Educatice, Paris, and the 26 I'm at JM2L, Nice France, until the 28

[21:45] <olorin_> I would say we can do it as early as the 14. We need to take some decisions about the council etc.

[21:46] <olorin_> ericb2: Anyway, spam peoples inboxes...

[21:47] <ericb2> olorin_: you're right. I can't the 14, but the 12 or the 11 is ok for me

[21:47] <sylvaintechnic> not the 12 for me

[21:47] <sylvaintechnic> 11 it's ok

[21:48] * olorin_ smells a calendar coming soon.

[21:48] * gnome06 have to check is calendar

[21:48] <ericb2> 11 should be ok, but not before 21h

[21:48] <sylvaintechnic> like today

[21:48] <gnome06> 11 should be ok for me also

[21:49] <sylvaintechnic> Increasingly, November 11th is a holiday in Belgium also

[21:50] <ericb2> sylvaintechnic: in France too but that's no problem for me : I'll be there

[21:52] <gnome06> anything else ?

[21:52] <ericb2> So ? Next meeitng the 11 November, 21h CET Paris hour ?

[21:52] <gnome06> ok

[21:52] <olorin_> ericb2: Make it the 11. for now and e-mail people about it.

[21:54] <ericb2> olorin_: ok

[21:54] <ericb2> Other questions, suggestions, idea ?

[21:55] <gnome06> nope

[21:55] * ericb2 got one : can someone else drive the next meeting ?

[21:55] <ericb2> would be great to rotate the role

[21:56] * sylvaintechnic has quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)

[21:56] * sylvaintechnic (~sylvainte@45.74-244-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be) has joined #ooo4Kids

[21:57] <ericb2> Ok, see you all :)

[21:57] <olorin_> ericb2: The crowd can't help themselves in volunteering for the task...

[21:58] <sylvaintechnic> See you all

[21:59] <gnome06> thanks all. See you next week. Don't forget to list i18n to exchange before next meeting

[21:59] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: Indeed we'll do.

[21:59] <gnome06> to/the

[21:59] <olorin_> gnome06: Btw mate, you should be staying here more often.

[22:00] <ericb2> the log of the meeting will be put here : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/Current_events/LogEducOOoInternationalCreation4November2010

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox