Discovering the project OOo4Kids
- Who supports this project?
- How (or why) was the project started?
- What are the goals of OOo4Kids?
- How is the project developed?
- In what cases should one use OOo4Kids instead of OOo ?
- File associations
- Those who install OpenOffice.org and OOo4Kids will see that the file associations are linked to the software that was installed last.
- Eric Seigne ([Ryxeo] / AbulEdu), whom we want to thank in passing, wrote an application called ooochooser which is used to select the file association opened by double clicking between OOo4Kids and OpenOffice.org.
=> Warning: only for Windows (Linux version under consideration)
- Is it possible to use Base with OOo4Kids ?
- OOo4Kids doesn't include Base, you need to use OpenOffice.org if you need a database application.
- Can you use macros in OOo4Kids ?
- No, you need OpenOffice.org for that, because macros aren't (yet) included in OOo4Kids.
- Can you use BASIC in OOo4Kids?
- No, you need OpenOffice.org for that, because BASIC isn't included in OOo4Kids.