EducOOo International Creation (November 2010)
Back to Current events
Please add your name and IRC nickname
- Eric Bachard aka ericb2 on irc
- Ben Bois aka _wooz
- Olav Dahlum aka olorin_
- Sylvain DENIS aka sylvaintechnic on irc
- Drew Jensen aka yipper on irc
- Jean-Marie LAFON aka gnome06 on irc
- Lillo Sciascia aka lillox or xtow on irc
- Marina Latini aka deneb_alpha on irc
- Thorsten aka thorsten on irc
- Item 1: Server organization for educoo.it, educoo.de, educoo.no (maybe other)
- What tools are needed
- Item 2: Other use : wiki.oooLight.org, pootle.educoo.org
- Item 3: Define roles and responsabilities (next)
Minutes 11 november meeting
Log of the meeting
Soon on your screens ...
[21:00] <olorin_> Right, meeting.
[21:00] * ericb2 ready in 2 minutes
[21:00] <olorin_> thorsten will attend as soon as he finish another meeting.
[21:00] <thorsten> yeah, am here - just maybe a bit silent initially :)
[21:01] <olorin_> At least you're present.
[21:01] <ericb2> Ok then, I invite people to add their names in the list : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/Current_events/LogEducOOoInternationalCreation11November2010
[21:01] <ericb2> "Attendees"
[21:02] <ericb2> This can be done during the meeting, asynchronously, of course
[21:02] <ericb2> Let's start
[21:02] <olorin_> I like to multitask.
[21:02] <ericb2> Who wants to drive the meeting ?
[21:02] <olorin_> Hmm, well, I could do it.
[21:03] <ericb2> olorin_: great, thanks :)
[21:03] <wooz_> so we have a driver.. we can start :-p
[21:03] <olorin_> Ok, hopefully most of you have had the time to read the log from the last meeting by now.
[21:03] <yipper> yes
[21:03] <sylvaintechnic> yes
[21:03] <gnome06> yes
[21:03] <wooz_> yes
[21:04] * ericb2 yes too
[21:04] <olorin_> As for last time, we were really ready to discuss the composition of the council, which we couldn't do to a very low number of attendees.
[21:05] <olorin_> We're also presenting the last translations and the deployement of more localized web sites.
[21:07] <wooz_> right
[21:07] <olorin_> Have anyone had any thoughts about the candidates for the council? Should we keep it as it is proposed or do we need to change the composition?
[21:08] <ericb2> Any candidates ?
[21:08] <wooz_> i'm candidate.. I don't know if I'm in the list?
[21:08] <ericb2> Current Council (will be confirmed) is : yipper, sylvaintechnic gnome06 olorin_ marina, ericb2 and wooz_
[21:08] <yipper> Well - I for one am still interested and will still offer to volunteer to do so.
[21:08] <ericb2> wooz_: I added you
[21:08] <gnome06> i'm still ok
[21:09] * ericb2 too.
[21:09] <olorin_> Me too.
[21:09] <sylvaintechnic> ok for me too
[21:09] <wooz_> ericb2: thx
[21:09] <olorin_> What we really need is a council composed of people with different skills, so if we have that, I'm for.
[21:09] <Jzarecta> back
[21:10] <Jzarecta> I want to be in the CC, but don't know the process.
[21:10] jza Jzarecta
[21:11] * deneb_alpha (~email@example.com) has joined #ooo4Kids
[21:11] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to deneb_alpha
[21:11] <ericb2> Jzarecta: we proposed to start with volunteers. So I added your name in the list
[21:11] jza Jzarecta
[21:11] <ericb2> Current Council (will be confirmed) is : yipper, sylvaintechnic gnome06 olorin_ marina, ericb2 , Jzarecta and wooz_
[21:11] <deneb_alpha> hi all!
[21:12] <ericb2> olorin_: I see a real various list of skills
[21:12] <olorin_> Hi Marina.
[21:12] <ericb2> deneb_alpha: hello Marina :)
[21:12] <yipper> deneb_alpha: Hello
[21:12] <Jzarecta> deneb_alpha: hi Marina, I'm Alexandro
[21:13] <xtow> ciao all
[21:13] <gnome06> member:deneb_alpha: Hello
[21:13] <olorin_> deneb_alpha: Do you still feel like being a part of the council?
[21:13] <wooz_> hi marina
[21:13] <deneb_alpha> sure olorin_!
[21:13] <Jzarecta> is there any agenda points posted on the wiki or something?
[21:13] <sylvaintechnic> hello marina
[21:13] <olorin_> Jzarecta: Not really, this is a follow up from the last meeting.
[21:13] <Jzarecta> olorin_: ok
[21:14] <ericb2> olorin_: I wrote one : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/Current_events/LogEducOOoInternationalCreation11November2010
[21:14] <ericb2> xtow: hello :)
[21:14] <yipper> ericb2: thanks
[21:14] <olorin_> ericb2: Thanks.
[21:15] <olorin_> Anyway, as we have other things to discuss. Do all of you feel confident about the current composistion?
[21:16] <ericb2> +1 from me
[21:16] <yipper> +1
[21:16] <sylvaintechnic> +1
[21:16] <wooz_> +1
[21:16] <gnome06> +1
[21:16] <olorin_> Ok.
[21:16] <deneb_alpha> +1
[21:17] <olorin_> ericb2: Ok, I'll use your agenda.
[21:17] <olorin_> Item 1: Server organization for educoo.it, educoo.de, educoo.no (maybe other)
[21:17] <olorin_> * Who * What tools are needed
[21:18] <thorsten> sorry, /me late - yeah, +1
[21:18] <olorin_> Hehe
[21:18] <olorin_> thorsten: educoo.de, any news?
[21:18] <xtow> what about the new organization in openoffice with oracle?
[21:19] <wooz_> maybe.. I can present the educooo server.. few data
[21:19] <ericb2> wooz_: yes, please :)
[21:19] <olorin_> xtow: We can take that later.
[21:19] <sylvaintechnic> yes wooz_
[21:19] <ericb2> xtow: can we discuss the point at the end ?
[21:19] <Jzarecta> olorin_: we have educoo.es currently point to our server
[21:20] <thorsten> olorin_: heh - it's a CNAME to educoo.org - we'd need a bit of html content now, I presume ;)
[21:20] <wooz_> the educooo server is a dedicated server..
[21:20] <thorsten> wooz_: a vhost for educoo.de would be cool on that box
[21:20] <wooz_> thorsten: ok
[21:20] <olorin_> Jzarecta: Ok, I'm already running my own for now, but if we can find a common plaform to make life easier for all of us.
[21:21] <wooz_> ISPConfig is installed on it, with it, educoo can provide web space for locale
[21:21] <thorsten> for a bit of static webpages, one box & an apache vhost setup is much easier I guess
[21:22] <wooz_> all options are possible
[21:22] <olorin_> Hold on, I have to pay a guy.
[21:23] * thorsten wonders what the heck olorin_ is at ;)
[21:23] <wooz_> a pootle server is already in place: http://pootle.educoo.org
[21:23] <wooz_> a new wiki for ooolight too
[21:23] <wooz_> http://wiki.ooolight.org
[21:23] <Jzarecta> wooz_: u think having a stack of apps for each product is a good idea
[21:23] <ericb2> wooz_: thanks a lot for all your work
[21:24] <Jzarecta> wooz_: i.e. pootle can work multiple projects within a language category, so having a pootle.ooo4kids.org and a pootle.ooolight.org seems a bit of redundancy
[21:24] <wooz_> Jzarecta: well.. why not.. we just need a manager for each locale
[21:24] <Jzarecta> wooz_: duplicate credentials for new systems and such
[21:24] jza Jzarecta
[21:24] <Jzarecta> for users
[21:24] <wooz_> Jzarecta: some services are specific and generic.. pootle is one of them
[21:24] <olorin_> thorsten: Even I have to eat.
[21:25] <ericb2> Jzarecta: there is only http://pootle.educoo.org
[21:25] <wooz_> the wikis for O4K & OL too
[21:25] <thorsten> olorin_: :)
[21:25] <Jzarecta> ericb2: ok, but soon there will be 2 wikis for each product, correct?
[21:25] <olorin_> Yes.
[21:25] <Jzarecta> ericb2: sorry one wiki per product
[21:25] <ericb2> Jzarecta: one for OOo4Kids, and one for OOoLight
[21:25] <Jzarecta> ok
[21:25] <ericb2> Jzarecta: and one tree pre product, because I'll fork it soon
[21:25] <ericb2> s/pre/per/
[21:26] <Jzarecta> ericb2: maybe is good to consider a single sign on solution
[21:26] <Jzarecta> ericb2: like get openID so we are sign up to all systems and not just per app per product
[21:26] <ericb2> Jzarecta: if possible, why not
[21:27] <yipper> mediawiki and joomla both support
[21:28] <ericb2> wooz_: I don't want to make it more complex
[21:28] <wooz_> ericb2: it's a good idea .. a "generic" wiki
[21:28] <wooz_> what do you think other people?
[21:28] <wooz_> ericb2: me too :-p
[21:28] <ericb2> wooz_: I don't know how to concatenate both, though
[21:28] <olorin_> Ok by me.
[21:28] <Jzarecta> ericb2: openid is to make it less complex... for users
[21:28] <yipper> sorry - is the question: Have one wiki for both ooo4kids and ooolight?
[21:28] <Jzarecta> or volunteer
[21:28] <sylvaintechnic> a generic, it's a good idea
[21:29] <thorsten> me - always take the simplest solution
[21:29] <thorsten> if someone can setup openid - do it. if not - it's not critically important
[21:29] jza Jzarecta
[21:29] <Jzarecta> wooz_: mediawiki also supports openid in an extension
[21:29] <wooz_> yipper: no no.. 1 wiki for o4K / 1 wiki for olight / 1 wiki for Educooo
[21:29] <wooz_> ?
[21:29] <olorin_> Let's try to consolidate as much as we can.
[21:29] <ericb2> Jzarecta: absolutely. I wanted to talk abut two wikis, could be unified in one generic only
[21:29] <wooz_> Jzarecta: ok.. I can see how it works.. and get some help
[21:30] <yipper> ok - well, +1 from me on the idea of supporting OpenID, if possible
[21:30] <olorin_> ericb2: However, on vhosts.
[21:30] <gnome06> +1 for OpenID if it's easy and quick to put in place
[21:30] * ericb2 never used OpenId, but if it helps, then +1
[21:31] <yipper> ericb2: it works
[21:31] <sylvaintechnic> +1 openid
[21:31] <deneb_alpha> OpenID +1 if possible
[21:31] <wooz_> ok.. well.. I can't say +1.. because I've no idea for the setting up.. at the moment
[21:31] <wooz_> ok.. well.. I can't say +1.. because I've no idea for the setting up.. at the moment
[21:31] <yipper> LOl - yes it is so much easier to setup, when volunteering someone else to do it..
[21:32] <gnome06> for wiki, as the O4k and OLight will be two separate project I prefer a wiki by "product". A wiki for EducOO.org, why not but for what ?
[21:32] * thorsten has never really missed openid in real life - it's just nice to have, not more ...
[21:32] <yipper> thorsten: in the end of the day, yes I agree with you
[21:32] <levarcol> openId is best way for granted simuktaniesly access +1
[21:33] <olorin_> Should also make life easier for contributors.
[21:33] <wooz_> ok.. i'll have a look to the wiki extension.. to start with openID
[21:35] <olorin_> Also, a form for CAPTCHA solution might be nice.
[21:36] <wooz_> olorin_: where?
[21:36] <yipper> yes - and just to be sure, for myself, OpenID is just a option, the site must support a regular account creation process, with CAPTCHA I would agree
[21:36] <yipper> again, easy to offer other peoples labor I realize
[21:38] <ericb2> wooz_: can you tell us the place we have (hard disk space), and some other figures please ?
[21:39] <wooz_> well.. all specifs are here> http://www.ovh.com/fr/produits/superplan_mini.xml
[21:39] <ericb2> gnome06: one generic wiki, because common actions are often needed. e.g.
[21:39] <wooz_> including the price ;-)
[21:40] <ericb2> wooz_: thanks :)
[21:40] <wooz_> hdd = 750Gb in total
[21:40] <ericb2> Other question : how many space is needed for every locale, and what tools ?
[21:40] <wooz_> so a bit less with installed system
[21:41] <thorsten> ericb2 wooz_ : any backup solution? especially wiki is valuable content
[21:41] <wooz_> thorsten: not at the moment..
[21:41] <wooz_> thorsten: nicolas will provide it for us
[21:41] <wooz_> soon I hope
[21:41] <thorsten> 'k
[21:41] <olorin_> Manual db dumps?
[21:41] <thorsten> otherwise weekly db snapshots to your local machine could do
[21:42] <wooz_> I don't know currently..
[21:42] <ericb2> wooz_: isn't there another way, than wait -yet another time- for nicolas for the backup ? I fear he's not reliable
[21:43] <ericb2> wooz_: we really need to be on the safe side with that. backup is really important
[21:43] <yipper> What we did at the user services forums for the first couple of years was to script a server 2 server transfer of the backup files to a server I maintain at NetworkSolutions - there is plenty of space
[21:43] <yipper> once a week would be possible
[21:43] <yipper> wooz could have a login to the server there
[21:44] <thorsten> sounds like a good initial solution to me
[21:44] <wooz_> ericb2: well.. I can manage a basic backup wuickly.. but Nicolas offered to us a 'pro' solution (with a distant server -more secure)
[21:44] <Jzarecta> we have 2 VPS in spain and argentina with somewhat good storage space
[21:44] <ericb2> wooz_: I believe you, but nicolas is never reachable
[21:45] <wooz_> ok..
[21:45] <thorsten> ericb2 wooz_ : go for the yipper / Jzarecta offer & rsync to that boxes once a week. that'll at least avoid disasters
[21:45] <Jzarecta> we could do some type of mirror
[21:45] <yipper> ok ? - Wooz, should I get together with you direct?
[21:46] <wooz_> yipper: it's possible.. not right now..
[21:46] <wooz_> but tomorrow, I can give you an access
[21:46] <olorin_> thorsten: Yep, remote backups is key.
[21:46] <yipper> alright - well, consider a standing offer then and you can just nudge me when you are ready to look at it in detail
[21:47] <wooz_> yipper: ok.. give me your email in pv
[21:47] <ericb2> yipper: thank you very much
[21:47] <olorin_> Speaking of backups, do we know which databases it is?
[21:47] <wooz_> mysql
[21:47] <olorin_> Ok, no problem backing those up.
[21:48] <wooz_> no.. just no time
[21:49] <olorin_> mysqldump -p joomla > "joomla_Wednesday 27 Oct 2010 bk"
[21:49] <wooz_> olorin_: heyhey
[21:49] <olorin_> Anyway, requires direct access.
[21:50] <olorin_> ericb2: What should we do about Nicolas?
[21:50] <ericb2> olorin_: wait until he will show up ?
[21:51] <olorin_> ericb2: We have already tried that numerous times.
[21:51] <ericb2> olorin_: I know he's not even in France at the moment, so we can wait a bit
[21:51] <ericb2> olorin_: I know ..
[21:52] <wooz_> we'll prepare backup with yipper ..
[21:52] <olorin_> I think we need some redundacy here...
[21:52] <wooz_> this point will be ok very very soon.. ok for all?
[21:52] <ericb2> ok for me +1
[21:52] <olorin_> Me as well.
[21:52] <sylvaintechnic> ok
[21:53] <gnome06> ok for me. We have decisions for wiki + openID + backup mySQL
[21:53] <deneb_alpha> ok
[21:53] <yipper> ok for me, I'll look for email from wooz tomorrow then
[21:53] <olorin_> Did we decide under which domain the wiki should be presented?
[21:54] <wooz_> yipper: yep
[21:54] <gnome06> wiki.ooo4kids.org / wiki.ooolight.org / wiki.educoo.org, no ?
[21:54] * paulszy (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ooo4Kids
[21:54] <Jzarecta> gnome06: afaik all of the above
[21:54] <olorin_> gnome06: As long as they point to the same.
[21:55] * ericb2 wondering : the visibility of wiki.ooo4Kids is enormous, and change for wiki.educoo.org will kill it
[21:55] <wooz_> we don't want change the wiki.o4k
[21:55] <ericb2> maybe provide both wiki.ooo4kids and wiki.ooolight.org is the right choice
[21:55] <olorin_> ericb2: Then we'll just do redirects.
[21:55] <ericb2> olorin_: ok
[21:56] <olorin_> Shouldn't be too hard pointing the respective domains to the same IP address and configuring the server to host it.
[21:56] <wooz_> ericb2: do you think possible to replace educoo.org by a wiki?
[21:56] <ericb2> wooz_: good question
[21:57] <ericb2> wooz_: the need is : provide both static and dynamic information
[21:57] <olorin_> wooz_: Personally, no.
[21:57] <wooz_> olorin_: why?
[21:58] <olorin_> The wiki should be a editable knowledge database, but the site needs to be a bit more formal, so a CMS.
[21:59] <yipper> olorin_: I would say that sounds about right.
[21:59] <sylvaintechnic> i agree with olorin_
[21:59] <wooz_> olorin_: I understand.. but it's possible to protect pages in a wiki.. like "static" page
[22:01] <olorin_> wooz_: Yes, but I also think you see my point. :-)
[22:01] <yipper> wooz_: Could I ask, the advantage to moving from the current educoo.org Joomla to a wiki is just the consolidation of the services to one server, yes? or is there more?
[22:01] <wooz_> olorin_: yep
[22:02] <wooz_> yipper: yes
[22:02] <olorin_> And while we're at it, let's change the somwhat childish theme.
[22:02] * ericb2 suggests to add the item : define a central EducOOo point : look, design, who will maintain, whatever ... on the next agenda, and continue with : how much space allocate for every locale we'll host, students needs .. and other items on the current agenda ?
[22:03] <yipper> wooz_: thanks
[22:03] <deneb_alpha> olorin_: how can we automatically copy the translations into the two wikis? it's possible to use pootle, for automatize the wiki's translations?
[22:03] <Jzarecta> olorin_: I love the childish theme, whats wrong wit it?
[22:03] <olorin_> deneb_alpha: Yes, that should be feasible.
[22:05] <wooz_> olorin_: do you have an idea .. how to do that?
[22:05] <olorin_> Jzarecta: We're dealing with people not always looking past the site, but they do take decisions. So a more professional and clean feel, whithout loosing identity.
[22:06] <olorin_> wooz_: First of all we need to land on a solution, then find the experience to make it so.
[22:07] <ericb2> olorin_: I'd suggest to first create several educoo.* and then (later) aggregate
[22:07] <olorin_> Like a theme incorporating the current feel, but with a professional touch.
[22:08] <olorin_> ericb2: Yep, but we will still need to do this.
[22:08] <ericb2> olorin_: next meeting ?
[22:08] <olorin_> ericb2: Sure.
[22:09] <ericb2> olorin_: I'll add the point
[22:09] <ericb2> now, can we agree about the need for every locale ?
[22:09] <ericb2> and how we'll proceed to provide you the access
[22:09] <ericb2> wooz_: you know everything, and we'll hear you :)
[22:09] <olorin_> Pootle right?
[22:10] <ericb2> olorin_: I had in mind: educoo.it, educoo.de ..
[22:10] <olorin_> ericb2: Oh, the sites...
[22:10] <sylvaintechnic> For me, no need for now, I'm on a server for educoo.be. unless you propose to accommodate me. ;)
[22:11] <olorin_> Yes, I've already asked for hosting space, so mine could be moved to a consolidated server.
[22:12] <wooz_> a CMS in multilanguages shoould be enough for all ?
[22:12] <Jzarecta> who is from italy?
[22:12] jza Jzarecta
[22:12] <olorin_> wooz_: I would say so.
[22:12] <xtow> here i am
[22:12] <olorin_> Jzarecta: deneb_alpha.
[22:12] <deneb_alpha> I'm from Italy
[22:12] <ericb2> Jzarecta: xtow too
[22:12] <Jzarecta> ah good to know
[22:13] <olorin_> Who's from Norway?
[22:13] <yipper> well, i don't mind pointing the domain to a common server - I'm with sylvaintechnic in that I already setup some space because I thought that was what was needed, but if that has changed no problem
[22:13] <deneb_alpha> Jzarecta: form Italy--> deneb_alpha, tuxwet, xtow
[22:14] <sylvaintechnic> wooz_: what cms do you propose? Personally I prefer WP who is more "sexy" ;)
[22:14] <yipper> Do you still want space for downloads on a separate server?
[22:15] <ericb2> yipper: it is expected to host some experimental builds too
[22:15] <wooz_> yipper: for the official downloads of O4K / OL... we stay in the Nicolas server.. it's a very good server
[22:15] <olorin_> wooz_: If he can get his act together.
[22:16] <yipper> ok - lol - now those two statement from ericb2 and wooz_ look like they might be coming at this from two different angles?
[22:16] <wooz_> olorin_: the system is operational for official download.. not perfect but not so bad
[22:16] <olorin_> wooz_: Drupal 6.19 IIRC.
[22:16] <ericb2> yipper: by experimental builds, I meant : testig version including some new feature. Not the stable version
[22:17] <wooz_> I don't care about the CMS in fact :-p
[22:17] <olorin_> ericb2: If we have the space and build system, do nightly builds if you want to.
[22:17] <yipper> ericb2: you mean that you want to host those files for download from my server, yes...sorry for being dense today...but if so, that is fine with me
[22:17] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: drupal is heavy
[22:17] <yipper> and yes I would really be interested in getting into setting up some build service
[22:18] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: Yes, but we're not setting up a blog either are we? ;-)
[22:18] <ericb2> yipper: sorry, that's me who was not fast. Your server, for en-US helps us
[22:19] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: with WP, it makes the blog and static pages ;)
[22:19] <ericb2> yipper: about biuld service : we received a proposal some times ago, and I have to investigate
[22:19] <ericb2> yipper: but currently, we don't have enough of resources
[22:20] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: Do you feel like setting up a mockup site?
[22:21] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: I'm not a graphic unfortunately, but I can try
[22:22] <wooz_> well.. I'm designer.. but.. time
[22:22] <olorin_> sylvaintechnic: I'm a crap graphical artist.
[22:22] <olorin_> wooz_: Well, hello there...
[22:22] <gnome06> i think we need to choose a CMS, put it in place for all locale.
[22:23] <gnome06> Let's the people start to put datas into the CMS
[22:23] <gnome06> the design can be done after
[22:23] <deneb_alpha> gnome06 +1
[22:23] <wooz_> +1 for after.. to let me manage the server services.. and give some rights for other people
[22:23] <sylvaintechnic> gnome06: +1
[22:23] <wooz_> after.. I'll help for the design
[22:24] <gnome06> the most important are datas after all
[22:24] <olorin_> +1 We need a common technical solution, and fast.
[22:24] <gnome06> by datas i mean "the informations"
[22:25] <olorin_> gnome06: Yes, but most people do judge a book by its cover.
[22:25] <gnome06> it's doesn't matter for now if it's not presented with the right graphics. We just need something clean with a logo to start
[22:26] <gnome06> i can take for exemple the wiki.ooo4kids.org : with start with the "standart" mediawiki template
[22:26] <gnome06> design came after step by step
[22:26] <olorin_> wooz_: That you can probably squeeze in.
[22:27] <wooz_> yes
[22:27] <olorin_> gnome06: Still preservering the charcoal and the bird?
[22:27] <wooz_> olorin_: we'll manage design later.. ok for all
[22:27] * ericb2 would like to progress with : educoo.it, educoo.de .. and how much of harddisk space we'll provide for every locale (important information), who will acceed and manage everything
[22:27] <wooz_> the point is to choose a CMS
[22:27] <wooz_> after.. it's 'esay' to swat the skin/theme
[22:28] <olorin_> That's why I asked sylvaintechnic for a mockup of WP.
[22:28] <wooz_> ericb2: if we have only 1 CMS.. the space is not so important
[22:28] <gnome06> harddisk space : 5 Go should be enough for a locale
[22:28] <ericb2> wooz_: what are the possibilities ?
[22:29] <ericb2> gnome06: that's a lot
[22:29] <olorin_> ericb2: We can always add larger quotas. Question is, for what is the space?
[22:29] <ericb2> gnome06: with 2 or 3 GB, you can dance
[22:29] <gnome06> we have to keep disk space for other usages
[22:29] <gnome06> 750Go is not so big
[22:29] <wooz_> wait.. resume right now...
[22:30] <wooz_> 1 CMS for with locales manage by 1 'locale' manager
[22:30] <wooz_> so.. the space is not a problem at all
[22:30] <olorin_> gnome06: Filling it up is fast indeed.
[22:30] <wooz_> what do you think?
[22:30] <sylvaintechnic> it's ok for me
[22:30] <gnome06> wooz_ : seem a good option for me
[22:31] <olorin_> Well, if we agree on consolidating, I dunno what the space for each team is for.
[22:31] <ericb2> wooz_: sure, I agree. Now, what are the possibilites for the CMS ?
[22:31] <gnome06> CMS : WordPress, SPIP, Joomla, âŠ
[22:31] <wooz_> joomla, drupal, wordpress...
[22:32] <ericb2> Can we select 3 ?
[22:32] <olorin_> ericb2: The CMS is happy with some space and a database, it's the hosted files that eat space.
[22:32] <ericb2> and then choose between them ?
[22:32] <gnome06> if we can agree on one it's better i think
[22:33] <olorin_> The 3 above have large user bases, so they should be safe.
[22:33] <wooz_> 1 choice only, sorry
[22:33] <ericb2> deneb_alpha: what could be your choice ?
[22:33] <ericb2> thorsten: and you ?
[22:33] <ericb2> olorin_: and you ?
[22:33] <wooz_> we have to find a consensus
[22:34] <ericb2> wooz_: I know, but just in case the majority has the same idea, let's decide today
[22:34] <ericb2> wooz_: and you, what is your prefered choice ?
[22:34] <olorin_> I know both Joomla and Drupal, but not WordPress. I think they pretty much do the same.
[22:34] <yipper> Question - who is installing and maintaining the CMS and then which would they choose?
[22:34] <gnome06> for me : wordpress or joomla
[22:35] <deneb_alpha> I prefer WP or joomla too
[22:35] <olorin_> Joomla over Drupal, as the latter have poor translations in Norwegian.
[22:35] <gnome06> but what about deneb_alpha, thorsten, olorin_ ?
[22:35] <sylvaintechnic> Joomla is good, Wordpress is more "sexy" (I prefer WP)
[22:36] <gnome06> so Joomla or Wordpress ?
[22:36] <deneb_alpha> gnome06, I prefer WordPress but also joomla is good
[22:36] <yipper> gnome06: Looks that way
[22:36] <olorin_> For me, it doesn't really matter.
[22:36] <sylvaintechnic> olorin_: WP is easy ;)
[22:36] <wooz_> yipper: I think I'll install the CMS.. but I don't care
[22:37] <yipper> wooz_: Well, that helps and not at the same time, doesn't it :-/
[22:37] <olorin_> Ok, can't we just try WP and see if it works for this project?
[22:38] <wooz_> ok +1 for wordpress ( yipper : help enough ;-))
[22:38] <yipper> wooz_: yup +1 for WP also then
[22:38] <gnome06> So let's start with WP and we can make a final validation in 1 or 2 months
[22:38] <wooz_> yipper: ;-)
[22:38] <ericb2> gnome06: good idea
[22:38] <deneb_alpha> +1 for wp
[22:38] <ericb2> gnome06: let's validate in say, one month
[22:38] <sylvaintechnic> good idea gnome06
[22:38] <olorin_> gnome06: Yep, great idea.
[22:39] <olorin_> So, WordPress it is.
[22:40] <wooz_> so.. WP with 1 month confirmation
[22:40] <yipper> sounds good
[22:40] <olorin_> And a server with the requirements is available?
[22:40] <ericb2> +1 for the confirmation delay
[22:40] <wooz_> and maybe a ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccchecking point during the next meeting
[22:40] <wooz_> sorry for the lag :-p
[22:41] <olorin_> That's was a rather long check.
[22:41] <wooz_> yep
[22:41] <olorin_> That was*
[22:42] <wooz_> maybe we can consider the end of this meeting soon?
[22:42] <ericb2> Question: who will manage educoo.it ? deneb_alpha ?
[22:42] <wooz_> the day's starting to be long for me :-p
[22:42] <ericb2> wooz_: same for me
[22:42] <deneb_alpha> ericb2, ok for me
[22:42] <wooz_> and we need a manger for the pootle server
[22:42] <wooz_> manager
[22:43] <ericb2> thorsten: for educoo.de ?
[22:43] <olorin_> Which version of Pootle?
[22:43] <ericb2> olorin_: educoo.no , ok ?
[22:44] <Jzarecta> is the pootle up already?
[22:44] <wooz_> olorin_: check it.. pootle.educoo.org
[22:44] <sylvaintechnic> wooz_: I do not know Pottle but I'll learn
[22:44] <olorin_> ericb2: I handle everything around there, so yes.
[22:44] * ericb2 will have to understand how to initiate the Pootle thing
[22:44] <ericb2> wooz_: let's start with olorin_ for educoo.no, deneb_alpha with educoo.it
[22:45] <wooz_> ok
[22:45] <wooz_> deneb_alpha: do you know pootle, don't you?
[22:45] <olorin_> Yay! Pretty old version of Pootle.
[22:45] <wooz_> olorin_: debian default version
[22:45] <ericb2> olorin_: is it a problem ?
[22:45] <wooz_> but maybe enough?!
[22:46] <olorin_> wooz_: IIRC, this version lacks the SQL backend?
[22:46] <wooz_> I prefere to keep the debian version if it's not a problem
[22:47] <Jzarecta> wooz_: we have an issue with pootle
[22:47] <thorsten> ericb2: sure, can handle educoo.de - am slightly over-committed currently, but will cope ;)
[22:47] <Jzarecta> is not good to keep an old version of pootle so please install the latest
[22:47] <wooz_> oh!
[22:47] <Jzarecta> wooz_: pootle doesn't have history or very good user management. I know it's what works but consider having a CWS of the raw data
[22:47] <Jzarecta> so we can audit it
[22:48] <wooz_> I hope that would be possible to keep the current skin :-/
[22:48] <Jzarecta> let pootle be the interface but the final PO to be audited.
[22:48] <olorin_> Jzarecta: Did you try version 2.0.1?
[22:48] <Jzarecta> olorin_: is better
[22:48] <Jzarecta> but still lack many things
[22:48] <wooz_> I'll see how to upgrade the pootle version
[22:49] <wooz_> maybe.. we'll can talk about that during the next meeting?
[22:49] <Jzarecta> good, go ahead
[22:49] <gnome06> Yes investigate about it, and we will discuss about action to take next meeting
[22:49] <Jzarecta> levarcol: any opinion?
[22:50] <olorin_> Jzarecta: I like to work with tools like Lokalize offline, but I'm not the only one around so...
[22:50] <Jzarecta> olorin_: issue is when you manage a team
[22:50] <Jzarecta> olorin_: how can we know what others do and who review our changes.
[22:51] <olorin_> Jzarecta: Merging templates is no problem, if that's what you mean.
[22:51] <olorin_> Jzarecta: Ah! We keep it all under version control.
[22:51] <levarcol> ... just my first meeting... to much to heard first
[22:51] <gnome06> please could you discuss/investigate about it on the i18n list and we will take actions if necessary during the next meeting.
[22:52] <ericb2> Can we reduce the meeting ? It's late, and I'd like to stop for today
[22:52] <wooz_> and consider that we have already a pootle server ready to use :-p
[22:52] <gnome06> tks
[22:52] <Jzarecta> I want to intervine with the anouncement we have
[22:52] <olorin_> Jzarecta: Almost forgot, go ahead.
[22:52] <Jzarecta> we were working on oooes to find a balance within the different projects. Yesterday we launched an open letter to the projects
[22:52] <Jzarecta> here is our letter to educoo
[22:52] <olorin_> ericb2: I think we got trough most of it.
[22:53] <ericb2> Jzarecta: can we first decide the next meeting date ?
[22:54] <Jzarecta> http://oooes.org/carta-educoo.html
[22:54] <Jzarecta> basically our framework to work with the different organizations including educoo
[22:54] <olorin_> ericb2: We should probably have another meeting at the end of the month.
[22:55] <yipper> Jzarecta: Let's do as ericb2 asks first and we will come back to this..OK
[22:55] <gnome06> yes we can't discuss and discuss without end. We can decide of a date for the next meeting. People who want to add something can propose it as subject for next meeting or use the i18n mailing liste.
[22:55] <wooz_> +1 for stopping very soon!
[22:55] <ericb2> wooz_: :)
[22:56] <olorin_> Heje
[22:56] <olorin_> Hehe*
[22:56] <yipper> ericb2: End of the month is good with me for the next meeting another Thursday is good with me.
[22:56] <Jzarecta> I agree we were waiting to get the key issues in educoo solved
[22:56] <ericb2> Can we agree : next meeting Thursday 18 november, 21h00 CET (Paris Hamburg) ?
[22:56] <yipper> ericb2: +1
[22:56] <wooz_> +1
[22:56] <sylvaintechnic> +1
[22:56] <levarcol> +1
[22:56] <olorin_> I think that's a bit too soon.
[22:56] <wooz_> 20h30 maybe
[22:56] <wooz_> ?
[22:56] <deneb_alpha> not for me...
[22:56] <gnome06> +1
[22:57] <gnome06> 20H30 : better for me
[22:57] <ericb2> gnome06: too early for me
[22:57] <ericb2> gnome06: got a lot to do, with children
[22:57] <gnome06> ericb2: so 21H00
[22:57] <wooz_> well.. nice for me with 2 children ;-)
[22:57] <olorin_> I have a cat. That counts as several kids.
[22:58] <wooz_> olorin_: why not
[22:58] <wooz_> ^^